Job Title: Cybersecurity Architect
Reports to: IT Director
Location: TBD (Remote possible)
We are an established technology firm passionate about making a positive societal impact through our innovative services. As we continue to evolve, we seek an experienced and dedicated Cybersecurity Architect to help shape our security landscape. Our ideal candidate is someone deeply invested in developing and implementing secure system architectures, well-versed in the subtle nuances of security needs and requirements, and capable of building and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Key responsibilities include:
– Design, implement and maintain secure enterprise IT systems, networks, applications, and infrastructure.
– Perform research to identify innovative security solutions and articulate complex security advice to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
– Develop the vision, principles, and strategy for security across multiple projects or technologies and contribute to the development of information security policy, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
– Lead cyber risk and security assignments, manage client portfolios across various sectors and locations, produce and quality assure documentation, presentations, reports, and recommendations.
– Carry out system security and vulnerability analyses, risk assessments and gap analyses.
– Participate in change management processes and propose appropriate control improvements in response to major breaches of security.
– Maintain awareness of key business and industry trends and their impact on cyber risk responses.
– Support business development, practice management and team development through training and coaching.
– Provide expert strategy, risk and technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security to clients, both for business-as-usual and for live and planned projects.
– Write and create Cyber Security documents such as Risk Assessments, ESRM, DPIA etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
– An experienced consultant with a background in Cyber Security.
– Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Information Security related positions.
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience in security architecture.
– Cyber Security Certification (e.g., ISC2 CISSP, ISC2 CCSP, ISACA CISM or similar).
– Certification in AWS or Azure for Architecture and Security.
– IASME/Cyber Essentials Plus Certified.
– Proficiency in secure network architecture and technical design.
– Expertise in creating secure architecture in either AWS and/or Azure.
– Ability to apply standards, practices, codes, and certifications relevant to the IT industry and the specific organisation or business domain.
– Ability to use tools or systems that provide security access control (e.g., Active Directory).
– Proficiency in principles and application of cloud/virtualisation and ability to use tools and systems to manage virtualised environments.
– Must hold, or be able to hold, an HMG Security Check (SC) clearance.
Desirable skills & experience include:
– Certification in AWS/Google/Microsoft Certified Security specialist, architect.
– Security Certification (e.g., GDSA, SANS GIAC, CISSP-ISSAP or similar).
– Knowledge of offensive tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), ideally completed training and/or certifications (OSCP, CEH, Pentest+, etc.).
– Experience in the discipline associated with data sets so large and/or complex that traditional data processing applications are inadequate.
– Knowledge, application, implications and technical aspects of computer-mediated tools that allow people to create, share or exchange information, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and networks.
– Resilience and determination.
– Strong collaboration and team working skills.
– Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
– Genuine passion/commitment to improving public services.
– Creative approach to problem-solving.
– Good listening and comprehension skills.
What we offer:
– Competitive compensation and benefits package.
– The choice of MacBook or PC.
– Holiday: 25 days a year, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy